Tuesday, June 17, 2008

COOKIES!

I tried this recipe today. It was good as far as texture and presentation goes, but I maybe used too much millet flour for my taste. Perhaps next time I will try 1/2 each: millet, potato flour (NOT starch), tapioca, oat or garbanzo. Flax meal may be good in there in place of tapioca...

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 cups flour blend
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips (for dairy free, Enjoy Life makes a nice chocolate chip. Meijers or many health food stores carry this. They are mini-chips)

Mix all these ingredients up in a bowl. Spread into a greased 8x8 baking pan, bake 350 degrees until done--maybe 20 or 30 minutes?
They're great, but flour blend needs perfecting. I bet Bob's Redmill All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Mix would be good here. With the flour right, these could be just like any yummy cookie bar.

No comments: